Exec 4x4 & Range Rover Hire is dedicated to protecting its customers privacy and their personal information. This privacy statement explains the processes around what data we collect about you, how it is obtained, what it will be used for and who will access it. Exec 4x4 Hire as a data controller is committed to ensuring that all personal information is processed in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the information security requirements of ISO27001 and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) throughout the information lifecycle – collection to deletion/destruction. This privacy statement applies to the information held about you that can be used to identify you as an individual, known as personal information. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, your name, IP address, home addresses, telephone number, email address, payment card or other billing information, driver licence details. By providing personal information to Exec 4x4 Hire, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms of this privacy statement and the subsequent processing of your personal information in accordance with this statement.
Collecting your Personal Information
When booking a vehicle rental or registering for an account on Exec4x4Hire.co.uk, Exec 4x4 Hire will require your personal information such as, your name, home address, telephone number, email address and payment card details. This allows Exec 4x4 Hire to process your booking, to contact you if we have any problems with your request or to send you an electronic confirmation of any quotes obtained or confirmation of bookings made. This information is shared with our Exec 4x4 Hire site locations and associated teams who will process your booking, source your requested vehicle and process your payment. If your personal information is going to be shared with any Third Party for any other reason than to fulfil the contract of the vehicle rental which is Exec 4x4 Hire's legal basis for processing your data, we will ask you for your explicit consent. If you pay for your rental at the time of booking you will be asked to enter your payment card type, long card number and expiration date to enable Exec 4x4 Hire to take your payment. Exec 4x4 Hire use 'tokenisation' which is when the customer's long card number is replaced with a series of randomly-generated numbers, which is called the 'token.' These tokens can then be passed through the internet or the various wireless networks needed to process the payment without actual bank details being exposed.
To enable the booking to take place Exec 4x4 Hire will ask the for customer for identification and make a photocopy, this can include a passport, driver's license, utility bill or a credit/debit card statement (long card number will be covered so the details are not copied). This information will only be kept for the purpose of that individual rental and securely disposed of when no longer needed for that rental agreement.
Without the above information being provided Exec 4x4 Hire will not be able to authorise the vehicle rental to take place.
Our vehicles may be equipped with an infotainment system that if the customer chooses to use will store certain information. If the customer connects their mobile device via Bluetooth or cable then the infotainment system can store the Bluetooth device name, contacts list, text messages, emails, call logs and any routes or destinations i.e. home address. Exec 4x4 Hire will reset the infotainment system back to its original factory settings at the end of the hire before the vehicle's next rental.
How your Information is Collected and Stored
All customers personal data is collected directly from the customer in connection with the rental of a vehicle or a service provided by Exec 4x4 Hire. The information is collected via but not limited to the following:
• Exec 4x4 Hire website – www.Exec4x4Hire.co.uk;
• A phone call made to one of our Exec 4x4 Hire branches or head office;
• In person at a Exec 4x4 Hire branch;
• Infotainment systems (Exec 4x4 Hire does not request, require or process any information added to the infotainment by the customer)
• Email – please note that payments cannot be made via email.
Our Web Site may contain links to third party web sites. We do not monitor or control the information collected when you choose to "click through" links to access these websites.
Your personal information will be stored in line with Exec 4x4 Hire's retention and disposal policy. We will only keep your information for as long as we have a legal obligation to do so or in order to fulfil the rental contract. The token allocated to your payment card will be stored for up to 12 months after the rental contract which is used to cover any fuel charges/fines/penalties/damages during the rental (as per the rental contract). If you wish to view the full retention schedule please email email@example.com
Your information - Your choice
Customers can exercise their rights under the General Data Protection Regulation in order to (exemptions to certain information apply):
• Confirm if, how and why their data is being processed;
• Request copies of the information held about them by Exec 4x4 Hire;
• Rectify any inaccurate or incomplete data;
• Delete or remove any personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
• Restrict the processing of their personal data;
We have strict procedures for the storage and disclosure of personal information to prevent any unauthorised access. Therefore, we will ask for proof of identity before we disclose any information to you. Please address requests to:
Data Governance Manager,
Exec 4x4 & Range Rover Hire,
Unit Two, Oxford Road,
Ryton upon Dunsmore
How we use your information - Sharing
Sharing information with service providers
Exec 4x4 Hire will only share your information where you have consented to the sharing or for the purpose of the transaction or process to take place that the information was provided for, i.e. to carry out the rental of a vehicle.
Exec 4x4 Hire may use other companies as our service providers to act on our behalf and assist us in the conducting of our business or performing services for us under our instruction i.e. hosting a website or database. Any Third Party that has access to personal information will maintain appropriate security standards in line with that of Exec 4x4 Hire to protect your personal data and use the personal data we provide to them only for the purposes we specify and that you have consented to.
We use a Third-Party mailing company to email customers with special offers, events and news relating to Exec 4x4 Hire. We will only provide them with your email address which will never be passed on to any other company, and you will only receive information relating to Exec 4x4 Hire's products or services. To receive this communication, you will need to opt in when registering for your Exec 4x4 Hire account. You can manage this preference by logging in and clicking on the 'My Account' link at the top of the page and either clicking in the 'I would like to receive occasional offers and information from Exec 4x4 Hire' or leaving in blank. You can also unsubscribe by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of any email.
Sharing Information for protective or legal uses
We may share your personal information for legal reasons as we believe necessary or appropriate, including:
• When legally required to or in response to a legal process;
• For the detection or prevention of a serious crime;
• Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
• To process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including claims or demands for bodily injury or property damage;
• To respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
• To recover our vehicles, equipment or any monies due;
• To enforce the terms of the rental agreement contract;
• To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our subsidiaries, you or others; and
• To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
• Certain vehicles are equipped with a vehicle tracking system, this will only be used by Exec 4x4 Hire to retrieve a vehicle if we believe the customer has broken the rental agreement.
• With the BVRLA to add a customer to the RISC database for 'bad renters' where we have a reason to believe the customer has breached the terms of the contact, acted illegally or in any other way that would put Exec 4x4 Hire or its assets at risk.
This privacy statement will be maintained and updated to reflect any changes in Exec 4x4 Hire's processes or any changes to legislation or law that might impact how we manage your personal information. We encourage all users to regularly review this statement to ensure they are always fully aware of how Exec 4x4 Hire manages and protects their personal information.